Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Madeline sees first snow

5:25 AM

Ah, back on the bus again--with the MDA. I didn' t ride the bus at all
last. Yesterday, Monday, I did, but I forgot the cellphone. I read
some more from the beginning of Cold Mountain instead. Maybe that
wasn't such a bad thing.

Reading an article last night about Antony Flew. Got me to thinking
about life, death, the universe and all. One comment that struck me
was of his idea the concept of God is to general. Indeed.

Which leads me to bus seats and blogs. Some buses have old, ugly, but
cushy bad vinyl seats. Some buses--today's--have more modern, more
attractive, but harder seats. Bumpy as medieval cobbles.

And to blogs. All things come to an end and are ephemeral. Eventual I
will stop posting, the domain name will expire, and no one will know
it was here.

7:16 AM

Still too early. How ironic for the bus. My connection is 84D, 7:38,
University and Snelling. I caught the 7:12 in front of the Y. I should
get the next one. That'll give me more time on the elliptical, anyway.
Otherwise, I'd be standing around at Snelling and I-94 for twenty
minutes. Don't see any point in that.

Because I am getting on before the peak time starts, and make the
whole home to Y and back trip in one transfer, my cost $1.50. With gas
at $3.00 a gallon, a roundtrip of eight to ten miles at probably
fifteen miles to the gallon in the minivan, that's competitive.

--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter