Monday, May 26, 2008

Continuing a long tradition of putzing with computers during a long holiday weekend...

Last night, I horrified myself. Returned from a bike ride of the bridges with Madeline and Dorothea. (Our house to Ford Parkway Bridge to Minnehaha Falls to Lake Street Bridge.) And, back in the basement, was fiddling with the dual display that I had gotten working between the laptop and the new flat screen. I did something whereby I lost the ability to control the screens. Ah, horror.
This morning, I disconnected the laptop from everything and rebooted. When I plugged the flat screen back in, voila!, it worked. And better than before, in that I got the behavior that I was really looking for--just the laptop display on the 20 inch monitor. So, I can plug the keyboard, mouse, and monitor into the laptop, close the lid, and forget about it.
I know this stuff is boring. But at least it is getting me back into the blog mode.
There are pictures (of trip to D.C., of Liam's birthday, Mother's Day, the Mayday parade, etc. at http://www.flickr.com/photos/somekindapossible/.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter