Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Dinner time Amygdala moment

Wonder how the state patrol cleared the traffic jam from the bridge collapse?

Wrote that this morning on the way to the Y. Seems long ago. Was it
worth the effort?

And now I add--that was kicked in as two police cars passed me. There
must have been a lot of backing up and turning around. I image it
looked like a demolition derby. This was unlike the type traffic
accident that gets cleared. There'd've been no clearing.

Yesterday I had a massive Amygdala Hijack. At the dinner table, as I
was beginning telling about my day, it seemed like everyone got up and
walked away. I was distraught and stunned. And then afterward sitting
in the livingroom, I told
everyone how I felt. It was probably one of those times I'd've been
better off saying nothing. This the difficult part where I should be
detailed and specific but that'd be hard. I wrote the bit about the
bridge instead. Dorothea said that was I making my family "other." it
is that doubleness of closeness as a comfort and an edge.

I wonder if I can make a connection with the bridge.

--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter