Sunday, April 13, 2008

Escape to The Coffee News Cafe

At the Coffee News Café. Had to get out of the house; dirty dishes on
the kitchen counter (and unloaded clean dishes in the dishwasher)
almost drove me out of the house yesterday morning, and did today.
Yesterday Liam complied with my request for help. I didn't want to go
through that again. Reminds me of college roommate days, sadly. I was
an offender then.

Last night was a house concert at Al's house. Nikki and the Roommates.
Two women and a guy. Electric bass/backing vocals, guitar/lead vocals,
guitar/dobro/backing vocals. The lead singer has a great blues voice,
actually plays the guitar--not just strumming--and is interesting to
look at. Dorothea and I stayed for the second set; usually, we leave
after the first.

Last week, I went in for my yearly mole check and to urgent care for
ringing in my ears. Crickets in the distance are getting closer.
Saturday morning Urgent Care doc saw some irritation in one and some
fluid buildup in the other ear--nothing conclusive. Recommended
Sudafed for four days, then ENT. Dispelled my notion of wax buildup.

Also made an appointment for the endocrinologist. (Am I getting old?.)
This for a clinic and a doc recommended by Sean. Dorothea as well
knows the doc. But he's not taking new patients. Sean emailed in my
behalf, and the guy responds about his father, colon cancer, etc.
Yikes.

Dorothea went to our neighbor Peggy's funeral Thursday. D. Noted that
most of the comment on Peggy's life at the small gathering concerned
the last twenty years of her life, from sixty-two to eighty-two. By
that calculus, I haven't done anything because I am not sixty-two yet.


--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter