Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lunch ladies

Amazing Grace in the basement in Duluth, lingering over the ice cubes
from my Italian soda--ice made from Lake Superior water, I am sure.
The spacey, beautiful young woman who made my sandwich and suggested
the Cullen Skink soup. This after the woman in line ahead of me
recommended recommended the tomato bisque soup, saying that she liked
it so much that she calls to make sure they have some left before she
comes over. The spacey sandwichmaker in the tie-die then erased from
the board the "trout" bisque. "Out?" I asked. "No," she responded,
"it's the same as the Cullen skink. People didn't know what Cullen
Skink was until we put these fliers explaining that it is trout
bisque, so we don't have to call it trout bisque anymore." liam had a
turkey sandwich.

Sometime I will tell you about the St. Paul School District
lunchladies in the heated pool on the hotel roof last night.

--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter