Saturday, October 13, 2007

Excessive blinking

Okay. I can't do five pullups.

I am sitting at Nina's, in the back, by the kitchen, sort of comatose.

Last night, I had invited Dorothea to the Eagle's Club. She called me
at 9:00 on her way back from class. She began the conversation with a
yawn. "Okay," I said, "I'll be ready." As I was putting on my socks,
the phone rang again. "Is Liam asleep?" she asked. Nope. And Madeline
was away, babysitting. So, we couldn't leave him alone. Madeline
arrived shortly thereafter. But we stayed in anyway.

Since we were bachelors, Liam and I went out to eat. His choice. Green
Mill. I had an Oktoberfest from their microbrewery, and a burger. Liam
took his two dollar allowance and played the touchscreen video games
on the monitor ar the table. (This is a feature of the booths in thr
bar, where we were seated.) Pretty new, too, as Liam was first or
second or third to enter his name as top score. Two little boys
waiting with their dad for a table were mesmerized. Wonder if the
computer screen, as such, is to become ubiquitous. doesn't seem fair.
It is as if in that Smemmerizing" sense that this is just yet another
example of technology overtaking our nature defenses. Way different
from having a little jukebox at the table?

10/12/07

Emailed Livingdot about domain name. Holy cow--it expires in three
days. Not ready to give it up yet. So, I think that means that I've
had it for four years?

--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter