Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Not Five

Okay, okay. I watched a guy do some real pull-ups this morning. I am
super humbled.

Done with twenty minutes on the elliptical, and having extra time
because it is Monday and I have to see Liam to the bus, and I was here
early, I am now on a recumbent statuary bike, Wing in hand. I don't
imagine the "Wing" will become quite the household word as "iPod." but
the idea is to, like the castaways from Gilligan's Island, generate
some electricity. Alas, these exercise machine flywheels are not set
up to generate electricity. While I am sure this idea is pretty
obvious, I wonder who is working on the idea, and where they are at
with it.

Like the $100 laptops for everyone, with hand cranks, really good
batteries, solar cells.

And then there comes the moment, like now, when here I am, I am all
set up, and don" t have A LOT TO SAY.

At some point yesterday I realized that I had left a rather expense
lunch in the fridge at work. A gourmet sort of prepared meal from
Kowalski's. It ended up being a fridge sacrifice to the cleaning
people who empty out and clean the fridges on Friday.

As it turned out, that was a lunch that I didn't need, shouldn't even
have bought, because I was going out to lunch that day. I went with
Sophie the DB2 Database Administrator to Eagan. True to form, just
like I always do when I go to Eagan, I got lost. Mind you, I was
prepared--I had my Google map and driving directions printed out. But
they didn't account for the huge detour right at our destination. So
much for the best laid plans. But even with all that, the time with
Sophie was good.

Up at 5:00 to check db connectivity for work. Resting pulse 58, which
seems good.

I haven't even gotten to the Friday lunch date. Nor the MWB. Nor the
work--getting called because of server problems. Sunday outside the
Unies, waiting to pick up Liam.

--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter