Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The coffee counter queue

The coffee counter queue stays full. I sat down first and wrote a bit.
Coffee and a smoke, things that I was just reminded are not taken for
granted by all. I sat in the sauna this morning. Stll warm from that.
Two other guys my age in there too, both contractor types, talking not
only roofing, but a particular roof of a prominent building at the
corner of Selby and Snelling. I steamed them out. Such is shared
existence. Guess we'd all be lonely otherwise, right?

Bought a Nina's gift certificate for myself, on which they will keep a
tally of my tab. This in an effort to reduce the number of times I use
my credit card. Credit card fees are a bad deal for small mechants.
Prepaying seems to be trend for me.

IRV voting was approved in Saint Paul by a relatively small margin on
a light voter turnout.

I sit at a table, vigilant, awaiting the refill of the half and half
carafe. Ah. brb.

Life--swirling flecks of dust and viruses. Dorothea texts me just
now--this is very real time--with "what are we doing david?" Dread.
That could be a light-hearted question. Could be something else. The
something else is what came to mind instantly. Old habits die hard. If
at all, really. Perhaps they just keep morphing and transforming.

Dorothea walks to St. Thomas and gets on the bus. I leave the coffee
shop to drive to work.

--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter