Friday, November 20, 2009

Double-Parked in Dorothea To-do Land

Just was looking at an electronic todo list that I have. It is a list
of Dorothea date ideas. None have been checked off yet. Phipps Silent
Movie House in Hudson; museums, Happy Gnome, happy hours, out with
other coupled, make music, camping, Dubliner, Turf Club, long drive,
bike ride, walk, Town Talk Diner, Strip Club, concert, movie. I guess
we've done a few of those recently.

Today was a day of double-booking myself. Or thinking about it.
Wednesday night at about 10:00 PM, I realized that I had scheduled
myself to work on the evening that we'd also made the date with the
McCartney's. I texted Martha right then, and she responded. Seemed
okay withit. Try again. Our schedules just don't mesh.

Also on Wednesday I made a lunch date with co-workers, and this was a
big deal because we don't go out to eat much. My calendar was clear, I
had rescheduled one meeting. Just before leaving, I realized that I
did have another meeting at that time. I just had never put it on my
calendar. I took iPhone with me and tried to call in, but it was
futile. (As well as silly.) Double-parked again. Maybe a good idea for
a country-western song lyric?


--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter