Friday, November 13, 2009

On my bike, rode to Nina's.

On my bike, rode to Nina's. Don't have a good reason for either riding
my bike this morning or for having come all the way over here, except
habit. I got started late, so I am skipping the YWCA. Could have
driven directly to work, but am not in that bg of a hurry to get
there.

Starting late has also meant that I have gotten caught up in queues--
traffic at intersections causing me to wait where I'd usual not have
to; at the grocery store, where usually I feel like the only customer,
lines at the checkouts were two and three deep and there was a rare
call for another cashier; line was four, five deep at the coffee shop
counter, people coming in the door pretty regularily.

The definition of probability that I like: if it can happen, eventually it will.

Definitely cloudy this morning. Something has arrived. Warmer out this
morning then previous mornings by far--Yahoo says 50 degrees. I am
definitely over dressed. Just took off my outer felt layer, right
here, in front of (or behind) all. A bit expo.

Madeline and Enzo went to the Sadie Hawkins dance last night. Pretty
amazing, I said-- going to a dance, going to that dance, driving,
driving on the interstate to get there, the there being downtown St.
Paul, parking in a parking ramp, the whole thing at night, was
something I couldn't have pulled off at her age, probably coud never
have imagined it.

I was awake when they came in a little after midnight, and was
introduced to yet another new world, that of the after dance whatever
downstairs in my livingroom, my daughter. Now I am the parent upstairs
in bed.

--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter