Saturday, November 28, 2009

Why I go to Nina's

Why do I come to Nina's? For random, brief conversatios with June
about handwriting and change making.

At Nina's. Bought the NY Times. Nostalgia, I guess. Also had a good
little conversation at the counter with proprietess June about making
change and handwriting. She mentioned that she had been a sixth-grade
teacher. Ah-ha. Firm believer in teaching children how to make change
and have good penmanship. (Penship? Penpersonship? Writing utensil
wielding skills? Seems likely to be a pre-postfeminist thing.)

I reached my National Novel Writing Month goal of writing 50,000 words
last night, after copy/pasting from the one-a-day for each of the
preceding days of November Google Docs that were my repository into
one iMac Word doc, and then into the designated textbox at
http://nanowrimo.org . In reality, I submitted 50,000 words, their
word-counting algorithm confirmed it. Blogging, twittering, emailing,
facebooking, texting, instant messaging--it is all there.

Now I have built me a habit. Question: what am I going to do with it?


--
David
www.schons.net

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter